Here are a collection of poems with a general theme of spiritual awakening.
It might sound strange, but it really felt like most of them came to me as messages I needed to hear, rather than from me. I hope they speak to you the way they did to me.
- Dissolveby Kieran ButlerA poem about the dissolution of all we are not, so we may be what we are.
- Seeker’s Dilemmaby Kieran ButlerA poem on the nature of spiritual seeking.
- Knee Deepby Kieran ButlerA poem for when you are feeling stuck.
- A Question For Your Heartby Kieran ButlerA poem that poses a question for your heart. When you came hereDid you come to experience the full gamut? The pain and joy…
- A Walk In The Woodsby Kieran ButlerA poem about nature and the beautiful world we live in. It came to be one day after being cooped up and on the computer for way too long.
- Mind Vs Heartby Kieran ButlerA short poem on the mind vs the heart. The mind races, the heart beats. The mind doubts, The heart knows. The mind shouts, the heart sings.
- Cremate Yourself (not literally)by Kieran Butler(not literally) A poem about ego dissolution. The ‘self’ I’m referring to is the ego identity we have formed to play the game of life.
- Moonby Kieran ButlerA poem about the moon. The moon represents the divine feminine. Moon, you are the mother of a night that comes and goes…
- The Unseen Handby Kieran ButlerA poem about an unseen force – life itself. It’s mysterious and all pervading and it’s been called by many names.
- The Dreamby Kieran ButlerA poem about the voice in our heads. Awareness is always there regardless of what the voice says and we are that.
- A Poem To Presenceby Kieran ButlerA poem to presence. A conversation between with divine presence. “Every chance I get I’ll sit with you, not to do just to be.”
- Life On Tapby Kieran ButlerIt’s a poem about life. A poem that describes an experience of connecting with pure presence through meditation.
- The Journey Withinby Kieran ButlerA poem about the journey within. It’s a journey of paradox. What is unreal needs to be dropped to discover what is real. Identity is the key.
- Wokeby Kieran ButlerA poem to the one who thought he might be ‘woke’. In a way, from the perspective of spiritual awakening, being ‘woke’ is a a bit of a joke. Maybe it was slightly harsh but it was what I needed to hear at the time.
- You Are Not The Personby Kieran ButlerA poem on the personal from a transpersonal perspective. “You are not the person alone but the person is your friend….”
- The Ego Gameby Kieran ButlerA poem about the game the ego plays.
- There Is A Timeby Kieran ButlerA poem about time. There is certain divine timing to life. To do certain things and flow in harmony with life we must learn to flow with the different phases and cycles present. From the 24hours in a day to the 28 days of the lunar cycle, to the 365 days of the year and …
- The Ego Game – A poemby Kieran ButlerThis is a poem about the game the ego plays. It inevitably turns into a travesty. That’s the wake-up call. The ‘call to adventure’.
- Let A Fire Burn Withinby Kieran ButlerLet a fire burn within Until all that is left is Understanding Love and Light. The fire is the desire to know, The desire to be free. It needs to burn all you are not So all that is left is you.The fire is a misunderstanding too… Let it burn on until It burns out.Then …